Your gift today powers legal campaigns to protect nature, empower communities, and safeguard the climate.
We are facing a climate and extinction crisis and disadvantaged communities bear the brunt of environmental harm. Enforcing and strengthening our country’s environmental laws is the most powerful way to fight for the future of our planet.
Environmental Justice Australia is a national non-profit legal centre using a powerful combination of law and advocacy to safeguard health, protect nature, and tackle climate change.
With your generous support, we will fight for a healthy planet where nature and people can thrive.
Your donation today will support a dedicated team of lawyers in the fight to win justice for the places and wildlife we love and depend upon. Together we will fight to
- Restore and protect critical habitat and ecosystems to curb the extinction crisis.
- Facilitate a just transition to clean energy for a safe climate.
- Deliver environmental justice to First Nations people fighting for Country and disadvantaged communities facing environmental harm.
We combine our legal expertise with powerful advocacy campaigns. Our team is made up of some of the best lawyers and campaigners in the country. EJA’s litigation sets vital precedents, and our advocacy campaigns build community power to ensure long-lasting change across the legal system.
Nature needs a legal team. Supporting EJA means powering legal expertise on behalf of people, climate, and nature.
Donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
With over 30 years providing legal support and building strong partnerships with a broad range of community organisations, EJA is uniquely places to empower communities with legal and advocacy tools to win environmental justice by:
- Representing communities fighting for environmental justice.
- Partnering with communities to campaign for enforcement of environment laws and law reform to protect air, water, and wildlife.
- Empowering communities to participate in the development of new laws.
With our in-depth understanding of the law and experience in litigation, EJA is primed to hold governments to account by:
- Running strategic litigation to ensure existing laws are enforced by governments.
- Exposing polluters who fail to comply with the law and litigating to achieve enforcement.
- Supporting public campaigns on the failure of regulators to use the law.
Justice is at the core of everything we do. Our lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of the legal system’s strengths and flaws making us well-placed to fix the justice system by:
- Providing legal and advocacy support to the communities that need it most.
- Exposing and addressing problematic power structures in the legal and political systems that lead to environmental injustice.
- Campaigning for reform that fixes the flaws in our legal system.
Our ultimate goal is a healthy planet where people and nature thrive. To attain and maintain this, we need a legal system that delivers environmental justice and ensures that government and corporations protect and restore the environment.
As a non-profit, donor-funded organisation, your support makes a huge difference.
Please make your tax-deductible donation today to help defend nature, climate and communities.