Environmental Justice Australia was deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Hon Murray Wilcox AO QC last week. Murray was a renowned lawyer and Federal Court judge. He had a deep and ongoing commitment to the law and the environment movement over decades, which included a leading role in the EDO network. In recent years this included his participation in the Australian Panel of Experts on Environmental Law, on which his contribution was invariably generous, quietly forceful and entirely on point. We will all miss him and we send our condolences to Murray’s family.
- Today’s Parliamentary Inquiry report reveals tragic state of Victorian biodiversity
- Environmental lawyers, international expert condemn Vales Point air pollution exemption ahead of EPA decision
- Gippsland community breathe a sigh of relief as Planning Minister makes welcome decision to reject Fingerboards mine
- Ahead of COP26, five young Australians lodge human rights complaint with UN over government inaction on climate crisis
- Victorian government must use powerful legal tools, strengthen laws to stop biodiversity emergency