Information for the Latrobe Valley community about the charges brought by the Victorian Environment Protection Authority for pollution caused by the Hazelwood mine fire in 2014.
In this fact sheet:
- what is the EPA Hazelwood mine fire case about?
- will Engie be defending the charges?
- why might they be found liable and what are the penalties?
- what does this mean for the Latrobe Valley?
- could there be compensation for residents?
Read the fact sheet The EPA v Hazelwood mine owners case (PDF, 237KB)